Healthy Aging in Residential Places (HARP): JCRA Programme Meeting & ERA-AGE Conference
Active & Healthy Ageing
November 9-10, 2015
For more information on HARP, click here.
“Skills for Skills for Long-Term Residential Care” Workshop
Hart House, University of Toronto
May 20, 2015
- Pat Armstrong: Introduction, Project overview
- Tamara Daly & Marta Szebehely: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care- Personal Support Workers
- Charlene Harrington: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care-Nursing
- Robert James, Joel Lexchin & Margaret McGregor: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care- Doctors
- Monika Goldmann: Skills in Residential Long-term Care_Germany
- Margrethe Kristiansen: Skills in Residential Long-Term Care-Norway-UK
- Govind Rao: Redefining Long-term Care-CUPE
- Donna Rubin: Volunteer Hours-OANHSS
- Corey Vermey: Skills for Long-Term Care-Unifor
- Pat Armstrong: Closing Remarks
“Re-Directing the Gaze: An International Quest for Promising Practices in Long-Term Residential Care” International Care Research Conference
May 14, 2014
- Pat Armstrong: Project overview
- Margaret McGregor: Promising Practice – Better Quality in Non-profit, Publicly Delivered Nursing Homes- Is Association Causal?
- Marta Szebehely: Public private nursing homes in Norway & Sweden: What do we know about ownership and quality?
- Charlene Harrington & Justin Panos: How do nursing homes spend their revenues in Norway, Ontario, and California?
- Joel Lexchin: For-Profit Care and Quality: An Oxymoron?
- Ruth Lowndes: How is Dining Socially Organized to Enhance Resident Quality of Life?
- Susan Braedley: Braedley_How does Design Influence Care Elderly Care?
- James Struthers: Do Newer Buildings Equal Better Dementia Care?
- Donna Baines: Does work organization vary with ownership (for-profit vs. non-profit)?
- Pauline Rosenau: What can we learn from comparing job autonomy of assistive personnel in six countries?
- Tamara Daly: How can we see invisible care?
“Teaming Up: The Triumphs and Trials of Team Ethnography”
Webinar presented by Sandra Smele
November 28, 2013
Do Regulations Make it Harder to Care?
Conference at Courtyard Marriott, Toronto
May 28, 2013
Christina Meyn and Monkia Goldmann: Quality Management and Quality Assessment in German Residential Care Facilities
Saskia Sivananthan, Margaret McGregor, and Malcolm Doupe: Being Richer and Older Doesn’t Get You More: Exploring Factors Related to Variations in Nursing Home Bed Supply
Joel Lexchin: Living Better Through Chemistry: Regulating with Drugs
Donna Baines and Tamara Daly : Resisting Regulatory Rigidities: Lessons from Front-line Care Work
- Albert Banerjee and Pat Armstrong : Paradoxes of Regulation: Regulation and the role of the state
Toronto City Council’s Community Development & Recreation Committee
Presentation at Toronto City Hall
January 11, 2012
Pat Armstrong: Ownership Matters
Webinar presented by Karen Messing
September 29, 2011
Long-term Residential Care: Perspectives from Europe
May 31st, 2011
Frode Jacobsen: Perspectives from Norway
Liz Llyod: English Care Homes
Pauline Vaillancourt Rosenau: Continuum of Care in the USA Summary 2011
14th International Health Workforce Collaborative
Presentation at Quebec City, Canada
May 6 – May 9, 2013
Ontario Long Term Care Association
Applied Research Education Day 2013 at Toronto, ON
February 13, 2013
- Pat Armstrong & Kate Laxer: Demanding Labour – An Aging Health Care Labour Force
The American Public Health Association
139th Annual Meeting and Exposition at Washington, DC
October 29 – November 2, 2012
- Joel Lexchin: Re-Imagining Long-Term Residential Care – An International Study of Promising Practices
Joint Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry & the Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health Conference
Presentation at Banff, AB
September 21 – 22, 2012
Albert Banerjee, Deanne Taylor & Anita Wahl: Integrating Staff Safety and Person-Centred Care