“Skills for Skills for Long-Term Residential Care” Workshop
Hart House, University of Toronto
May 20, 2015
- Pat Armstrong: Introduction, Project overview
- Tamara Daly & Marta Szebehely: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care- Personal Support Workers
- Charlene Harrington: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care-Nursing
- Robert James, Joel Lexchin & Margaret McGregor: Skills for Long-Term Residential Care- Doctors
- Monika Goldmann: Skills in Residential Long-Term Care- Germany
- Margrethe Kristiansen: Skills in Residential Long-Term Care-Norway-UK
- Govind Rao: Redefining Long-term Care-CUPE
- Donna Rubin: Volunteer Hours-OANHSS
- Corey Vermey: Skills for Long-Term Care-Unifor
“Re-Directing the Gaze: An International Quest for Promising Practices in Long-Term Residential Care” International Care Research Conference
May 14, 2014
- Pat Armstrong: Project overview
- Margaret McGregor: Promising Practice – Better Quality in Non-profit, Publicly Delivered Nursing Homes- Is Association Causal?
- Marta Szebehely: Public private nursing homes in Norway & Sweden: What do we know about ownership and quality?
- Charlene Harrington & Justin Panos: How do nursing homes spend their revenues in Norway, Ontario, and California?
- Joel Lexchin: For-Profit Care and Quality: An Oxymoron?
- Ruth Lowndes: How is Dining Socially Organized to Enhance Resident Quality of Life?
- Susan Braedley: Braedley_How does Design Influence Care Elderly Care?
- James Struthers: Do Newer Buildings Equal Better Dementia Care?
- Donna Baines: Does work organization vary with ownership (for-profit vs. non-profit)?
- Pauline Rosenau: What can we learn from comparing job autonomy of assistive personnel in six countries?
- Tamara Daly: How can we see invisible care?
“Teaming Up: The Triumphs and Trials of Team Ethnography”
Webinar presented by Sandra Smele
November 28, 2013
Access the “Teaming Up” webinar at http://connect.yorku.ca/ethnography/
Do Regulations Make it Harder to Care?
Conference at Courtyard Marriott, Toronto
May 28, 2013
Christina Meyn and Monkia Goldmann: Quality Management and Quality Assessment in German Residential Care Facilities
Saskia Sivananthan, Margaret McGregor, and Malcolm Doupe: Being Richer and Older Doesn’t Get You More: Exploring Factors Related to Variations in Nursing Home Bed Supply
- Joel Lexchin: Living Better Through Chemistry: Regulating with Drugs
- Donna Baines and Tamara Daly : Resisting Regulatory Rigidities: Lessons from Front-line Care Work
- Albert Banerjee and Pat Armstrong : Paradoxes of Regulation: Regulation and the role of the state
Toronto City Council’s Community Development & Recreation Committee
Presentation at Toronto City Hall
January 11, 2012
Pat Armstrong: Ownership Matters
Webinar presented by Karen Messing
September 29, 2011
Access the “Observational Techniques” webinar at http://connect.yorku.ca/p84917006/
Long-term Residential Care: Perspectives from Europe
May 31st, 2011
Frode Jacobsen: Perspectives from Norway
Liz Llyod: English Care Homes
Pauline Vaillancourt Rosenau: Continuum of Care in the USA Summary 2011
14th International Health Workforce Collaborative
Presentation at Quebec City, Canada
May 6 – May 9, 2013
Ontario Long Term Care Association
Applied Research Education Day 2013 at Toronto, ON
February 13, 2013
- Pat Armstrong & Kate Laxer: Demanding Labour – An Aging Health Care Labour Force
The American Public Health Association
139th Annual Meeting and Exposition at Washington, DC
October 29 – November 2, 2012
- Joel Lexchin: Re-Imagining Long-Term Residential Care – An International Study of Promising Practices
Joint Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry & the Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health Conference
Presentation at Banff, AB
September 21 – 22, 2012
Albert Banerjee, Deanne Taylor & Anita Wahl: Integrating Staff Safety and Person-Centred Care